Dates of Significance
- Tet Nguyen Dan – Vietnamese Lunar New Year (Varies each year – January to February)
- Trung Nguyen – Wandering Souls Day
- Buddha’s Birthday (Varies each year – May)
- Hung Kings Commemoration (10th day of the 3rd lunar month)
- President Ho Chi Minh’s Birthday (19th of May)
- National Liberation Day or Reunification Day* (30th of April)
- Labour Day (1st of May)
- Vulan Buddhists pray for deceased (15th of July)
- Remembrance Day (27th of July)
- Trung Thu – Moon Festival (Varies each year – August)
- National Day (2nd/3rd of September)
- Christmas (25th of December)
* This day is officially called the “Day of liberating the South for national reunification”. However, those Vietnamese who suffered at the hands of the Communist Party may refer to the ‘Liberation of Saigon’ as the ‘Fall of Saigon’. This can be a sensitive issue for many.
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.