Dates of Significance
The following dates are celebrated or recognised throughout Venezuela. However, there are many more regional festivals and celebrations (fiestas) specific to different states and regions of the country.
- New Year’s Day (1st of January)
- Independence Declaration Day (19th of April)
- Labour Day (1st of May)
- Battle of Carabobo/St John’s Day (24th of June)1
- Independence Day (5th of July)
- Simón Bolívar’s Birthday (24th of July)
- Discovery of America/Indigenous Resistance Day (12th of October)2
- New Year’s Eve (31st of December)
- St. Joseph’s Day – Día de San José (19th of March)
- Epiphany – Día de Reyes (6th of January)
- Carnaval (Monday and Tuesday prior to Ash Wednesday)
- Easter – Semana Santa (Varies each year)
- Assumption of Mary (15th of August)
- All Saints Day – Día de Todos los Santos (1st of November)
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception – Inmaculada Concepción (8th of December)
- Christmas Day – Navidad (25th of December)
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.