The primary author of this profile was Chara Scroope (2018).
- Advameg. (2016). Tonga. Countries and their Cultures. Retrieved from http://www.everyculture.com/To-Z/Tonga.html
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2017). Census 2016, Country of Birth of Person by Sex (SA2+) [Data set]. http://stat.data.abs.gov.au/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=ABS_C16_T06_SA
- Bennett, S. N., Plant, H., & Boekweg, M. (2017). Tongan Culture. Retrieved from http://freebooks.uvu.edu/polynesian_culture/05_Tongan_Culture.php
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2020). The World Factbook: Tonga. Retrieved from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tn.html
- Culture Crossing Guide. (2014). Tonga. Retrieved from http://guide.culturecrossing.net/basics_business_student.php?id=205
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. (2018). Tonga Country Brief. http://dfat.gov.au/geo/tonga/Pages/tonga-country-brief.aspx
- Department of Home Affairs. (2019). Tonga-born: Community Information Summary. Retrieved from https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/mca/files/2016-cis-tonga.PDF
- Goodman, M. A. (2008). Church Growth in Tonga: Historical and Cultural Connections. Retrieved from https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/regional-studies-latter-day-saint-church-history/3-church-growth-tonga-historical-and
- Grace, G. (2003). Visit the Free Wesleyan Church in Tonga. Retrieved from http://www.methodist.org.uk/downloads/wc_tonga03.pdf
- Kaeppler, A. L. (1971). Rank in Tonga. Ethnology. 10(2), 174-194.
- Khalidi, S., McIlroy, F., & Neumayer, H. (2012). The Cultural Dictionary and Directory. Canberra: Migrant and Refugee Settlement Services of the ACT Inc.
- Latukefu, S., & Foster, S. (2018). Tonga. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/place/Tonga
- Lift Education. (2010). Faufaua!: An Introduction to Tongan: Teachers’ Guide and Support Materials. Wellington: Ministry of Education.
- State of Queensland (Metro South Health). (2015). Food and cultural practices of the Tongan community in Australia. Retrieved from https://metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/cultural-profile-tongan.pdf
- Migration Policy Institute. (2011). Remittances Profile: Tonga. Washington: Migration Policy Institute.
- Morton, H. (1998). Creating their own culture: Tongans. The Contemporary Pacific, 10(1), 1-30.
- Museum Victoria Australia. (n.d.). History of immigration from Tonga. Retrieved from https://museumsvictoria.com.au/origins/history.aspx?pid=225&cat=NONE&cid=0
- ProQuest. (2017). Culture Gram: Tonga. Michigan: ProQuest.
- Safari the Globe. (2014). Tonga. Retrieved from http://www.safaritheglobe.com/tonga/
- Sperry, K. (2008). Oral Genealogies in the Pacific Islands. Retrieved from https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/regional-studies-latter-day-saint-church-history/11-oral--pacific-islands
- Statistics Department Tonga. (2013). Tonga 2011 Census of Population and Housing. Tonga: Tonga Department of Statistics.
- Taungapeau, M. (2014). Ko e Kai ia ‘a e Tonga. Retrieved from https://natlib.govt.nz/blog/posts/ko-e-kai-ia-a-e-tonga
- Tongaadmin. (2014). Opening a business and business etiquette in Tonga. Retrieved from http://www.escapeartist.com/tonga/work/2014/09/11/opening-a-business-and-business-etiquette-in-tonga/
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.