Dates of Significance
Islamic dates of significance are based on the Islamic lunar calendar, and therefore the actual dates vary from year to year. Some important dates include:
- New Year’s Day (1st of January)
- Night Journey – Isra and Mir’aj (Typically in April)
- End of Ramadan – Eid al-Fitr (Typically in May)
- Feast of Sacrifice – Eid al-Adha (Typically in June)
- Independence Day – Northern Regions (26th of June)
- Independence Day – Southern Regions (1st of July)
- May Day (1st of May)
- Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad – Mawlid an-Nabi (Typically in November)
- New Year’s Eve (31st of December)
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.