The following are significant days in the Saudi calendar. Islamic dates of significance are based on the Islamic lunar calendar, and therefore the actual dates vary from year to year.
- Holy Month of Ramadan
- End of Ramadan – Eid al-Fitr
- Feast of Sacrifice – Eid al-Adha
- Islamic New Year – Muharram*
- Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad – Mawlid an-Nabi*
- Saudi National Day (23rd of September)
* These days are not celebrated in Wahhabi Islam or recognised as national days in Saudi Arabia. However, they are celebrated by some non-Wahhabi Muslim minorities (such as Shi’ites) in various regions.