References and Further Readings
The primary author of this profile was Chara Scroope (2022).
- Cross, F. L., & Livingstone, E. A. (eds.). (2009). The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Crow, P. A., Chadwick, H., Marty, M. E., Sullivan, L. E., Fredericksen, L., Lindberg, C. H., . . . & Benz, E. W. (2018). Christianity. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/topic/Christianity
- Harvard University. (2015). Christianity. Harvard: Harvard University. Retrieved from http://rlp.hds.harvard.edu/files/hds-rlp/files/christianity.pdf
- Hauerwas, S., & Wells, S. (eds.) (2011). The Blackwell Companion to Christian Ethics (2nd ed.). Malden: Blackwell Publishing.
- Hobbs, G. (2006). Christianity and Music. In G. L. Beck (ed.) Sacred Sound: Experiencing Music in World Religions. Ontario: Wilfrid Laurier University Press.
- Holder, A. G. (ed.) (2005). The Blackwell Companion to Christian Spirituality (1st ed.). Malden: Blackwell Publishing.
- Hunt, S. J. (ed.) (2016). Handbook of Global Contemporary Christianity: Themes and Developments in Culture, Politics, and Society. Leiden: Brill.
- Jones, G. (ed.) (2004). The Blackwell Companion to Modern Theology. Malden: Blackwell Publishing.
- Juergensmeyer, M. (ed.) (2006). The Oxford Handbook of Global Religions. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Kenneth, P. (ed.) (2007). The Blackwell Companion to Eastern Christianity (1st ed.). Malden: Blackwell Publishing.
- McGuckin, J. A. (2008). The Orthodox Church: An Introduction to its History, Doctrine and Spiritual Culture. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing.
- Meyendorff, J. (2018). Eastern Orthodoxy. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/topic/Eastern-Orthodoxy
- Pew Forum. (2016). Global Religious Futures Project: Christians. Retrieved from http://www.globalreligiousfutures.org/religions/christians
- Schweiker, W. (ed.) (2005). The Blackwell Companion to Religious Ethics. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing.
- Smart, N. (1996). Dimensions of the Sacred: An Anatomy of the World’s Beliefs. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Stefon, M. (ed.). (2011). Christianity: History, Belief and Practice. New York: Britannica Educational Publishing.
- Woodhead, L. (2016). Christianity. In H. Kawanami, C. Partridge, & L. Woodhead (eds). Religions in the Modern World (3rd ed.). New York: Routledge.
We would like to thank all the collaborators, editors, translators, religious professionals and communities who offered their time, expertise and personal experiences to make this profile possible. To learn more about our research process, please visit here.
Get a downloadable PDF that you can share, print and read.