Dates of Significance
The following are significant dates or holidays for Palestinians:
- Labour Day (1st of May)
- Al Nakba Remembrance Day (15th of May)
- Independence Day (15th of November)
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People (29th of November)
Islamic dates of significance are based on the Islamic lunar calendar, and therefore the actual dates vary from year to year.
- Holy Month of Ramadan
- End of Ramadan – Eid al-Fitr
- Feast of Sacrifice – Eid al-Adha
- Islamic New Year – Muharram
- Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad – Mawlid an-Nabi
Family commemorations of Christian events may be organised in the various cities throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip. However, public Christian celebrations are mostly held in Bethlehem, Ramallah and East Jerusalem, and not in Gaza.
- Easter (Varies each year – usually in April)
- Christmas Day (25th of December)
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.