Dates of Significance
The following are significant dates or holidays for Palestinians:
- Labour Day – 1st of May
- Al Nakba Remembrance Day – 15th of May
- Independence Day – 15th of November
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People – 29th of November
Islamic dates of significance are based on the Islamic lunar calendar, and therefore the actual dates vary from year to year.
- Islamic New Year (Muharram)
- Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad (Mawlid al-Nabi)
- Holy Month of Ramadan
- End of Ramadan (Eid al-Fitr)
- Feast of Sacrifice (Eid al-Adha)
Family commemorations of Christian events may be organised in the various cities throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip. However, public Christian celebrations are mostly held in Bethlehem, Ramallah and East Jerusalem, and not in Gaza.
Get a downloadable PDF that you can share, print and read.