Do's and Don'ts
- If you decide to visit a church, be sure to dress appropriately as a sign of respect. Shoulders should be covered and hats should be removed upon entering.
- Relax and indulge in their humour. Maltese enjoy conversing, telling stories and telling light-hearted jokes.
- Avoid boasting about your wealth. Modesty is important for Maltese, and they do not appreciate people who put themselves above others.
- Swearing and blasphemy may be offensive to your Maltese counterpart. Take care not to use language that may offend them.
- Many Maltese are open to any conversation topic. However, take care when discussing politics, sport or immigration, as it may lead to heated debates or arguments.