Dates of Significance
The Christian calendar differs from the Catholic/Protestant calendar by two weeks. Thus, the dates of seminal Christian events are celebrated on different days in North Macedonia than what is familiar in the English-speaking West.
- New Year’s Day (1st of January)
- Christmas Day (7th of January)
- Epiphany (19th of January)
- Easter (Varies each year)
- Labour Day (1st of May)
- Saints Cyril and Methodius Day (24th of May)
- Eid al-Fitr (26th of June)
- St. Ilijas Day and Republic Day (2nd of August)
- Independence Day (8th of September)
- Eid al-Adha (Varies each year)
- Day of People’s Uprising (11th of October)
- Day of the Macedonian Revolutionary Struggle (23rd of October)
- Albanian Alphabet Day (22nd of November)
- Saint Kliment Ohridski’s Day (8th of December)
- New Year’s Eve (31st of December)
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.