Dates of Significance
- New Year's Day (1st of January)
- Chinese Lunar New Year (Varies each year)
- Ching Ming – Tomb Sweeping Day (1st week of April)
- Good Friday (Varies each year)
- Easter Sunday (Varies each year)
- Buddha's Birthday (Varies each year)
- Dragon Boat Festival (Varies each year)
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day (1st of July)*
- Hungry Ghost Festival (Varies each year)
- National Day of the People's Republic of China (1st of October)*
- Mid Autumn Festival (Varies each year)
- Chung Yeung Festival (October of each year)
- Christmas Day (25th of December)
- New Year's Eve (31st of December)
* Be aware that some Hong Kongers may oppose the celebration of these public holidays.
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.