The primary author of this profile was Nina Evason (2018).
- Adal, F. Y. (2013). Turkish Cypriot Women in Australia: Experiences of Migration and Belonging, [Doctoral dissertation]. Melbourne: La Trobe University.
- Advameg. (2018). Cyprus. Countries and their Cultures. Retrieved from http://www.everyculture.com/Cr-Ga/Cyprus.html
- The Associated Press. (2017). Turkish Cypriots split over Islam’s rise in northern Cyprus. Retrieved from http://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/turkish-cypriots-split-islams-rise-northern-cyprus-51134954
- Bowman, J. S., Goult, H. W. & Stather Hunt, D. W. (2018). Cyprus. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/place/Cyprus
- Brody, L. N. (2016). Confronting the ‘Post-Conflict’ Label: An Exploration of Ethno- Identity in Northern Ireland and Cyprus. Yale Review of International Studies. Retrieved from http://yris.yira.org/essays/1892
- Bureau of , Human Rights, and Labor. (2017). Cyprus 2016 International Religious Freedom Report for 2016. Washington: U.S. Department of State. Retrieved from https://www.state.gov/documents/organization/269046.pdf
- Cahill, D. (2015). Turkish Cypriots in Australia: The Evolution of a Multi-hyphenated Community and the Impact of Transnational Events. In M. S. Michael (Eds.), Reconciling Cultural and Political Identities in a Globalized World. London: Palgrave Macmillan. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-137-49315-6_10#citeas
- Central Intelligence Agency. (2018). The World Factbook: Cyprus. Retrieved from https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cy.html
- Commisceo Global Consultancy. (2017). Cyprus Guide. Retrieved from https://www.commisceo-global.com/resources/country-guides/cyprus-guide
- Communicaid Group Limited. (2018). Cyprus. Retrieved from https://www.communicaid.com/country/cyprus/
- Cyprus.com. (2017). Cypriot People and Culture. Retrieved from https://www.cyprus.com/cypriot-people-and-culture/
- Danielidou, L. & Horvath, P. (2006). Greek Cypriot Attitudes Toward Turkish Cypriots And Turkish Immigrants. The Journal Of Social Psychology, 146(4): 405-421.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. (2018). Cyprus country brief. Retrieved from http://dfat.gov.au/geo/cyprus/Pages/cyprus-country-brief.aspx
- Department of Home Affairs. (2019). Cyprus-born: Community Information Summary. Retrieved from https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/mca/files/2016-cis-cyprus.PDF
- Dew, P. (2005). Doing Business with the Republic of Cyprus. London: GMB Publishing Limited.
- Finerty, M. (2013). Customs and traditions in Cyprus. Retrieved from https://www.internations.org/cyprus-/guide/customs-and-traditions-in-cyprus-16217
- Hadjipavlou, M. (2007). The Cyprus Conflict: Root Causes and Implications for Peacebuilding. Journal of Peace Research, 44(3): 349-365.
- Hatay, M. (2007). Is the Turkish Cypriot Population Shrinking? Oslo: International Peace Research Institute. Retrieved from https://www.prio.org/Global/upload/Cyprus/Publications/Is%20the%20Turkish%20Cypriot%20Population%20Shrinking.pdf
- Hüssein, S. (2007). Yesterday and Today: Turkish Cypriots of Australia. Victoria: Taylors Lakes.
- International Crisis Group. (2010). Cyprus: Bridging the Property Divide. Europe Report 210. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20111103083632/http://www.crisisgroup.org/~/media/Files/europe/turkey-cyprus/cyprus/210%20Cyprus%20-%20Bridging%20the%20Property%20Divide.ashx
- Lee, J. & Quintero, J. (2015). Lonely Planet Cyprus. Melbourne: Lonely Planet Publications.
- Michael, M. N. (2014). Creating a New Identity: From the Turkish Cypriot to the Muslim Turk of Cyprus. The Cyprus Review, 26(2): 15-32.
- Museum Victoria Australia. (2013). History of immigration from Cyprus. Retrieved from https://museumsvictoria.com.au/origins/history.aspx?pid=11&cat=none&cid=0
- Nwanna, G. I. (1998). Do's and Don'ts Around the World: A Country Guide to Cultural and Social Taboos and Etiquette. Canada: Frontline Publishers.
- Papadakis, Y. (2011). Cypriots, Greek. In J. E. Cole (Eds.), Ethnic Groups of Europe: An Encyclopedia. Santa Barbara, California: ABC-CLIO.
- Pew Research Centre. (2016). Pew-Templeton Global Religious Futures Project: Cyprus. Retrieved from http://www.globalreligiousfutures.org/countries/cyprus/religious_demography#/?affiliations_religion_id=0&affiliations_year=2010
- ProQuest. (2017). Culture Grams: Cyprus. Michigan: ProQuest.
- Rough Guides. (2018). Cyprus: Fact file. Retrieved from https://www.roughguides.com/destinations/europe/cyprus/fact-file/
- Smith, H. (2017). Once-in-a-generation hopes of Cyprus reunification appear to be dashed. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/27/once-in-a-generation-hopes-of-cyprus-reunification-appear-to-be-dashed
- Smith, H. (2018). ‘We’re not Muslims enough’ fear Turkish Cypriots as poll looms. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/06/were-not-muslim-enough-fear-turkish-cypriots-as-poll-looms
- Statistical Service of the Republic of Cyprus. (2015). Population Census 2011: Frequency of Names. Retrieved from http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/cystat/statistics.nsf/All/23B9F1D719CF1A23C2257EAF0031179E?OpenDocument&sub=2&sel=1&e=&print
- Statistical Service of the Republic of Cyprus. (2017). The Demographic Report 2016. Retrieved from http://www.cystat.gov.cy/mof/cystat/statistics.nsf/All/70008808DEA438F8C2257833003402FB/$file/DEMOGRAPHIC_REPORT-2016-271117.pdf?OpenElement
- Stylianou, A. (2015). An inquiry into how members of the Greek Cypriot Diaspora of Australia have coped with the issue of the Missing Persons of Cyprus [Doctoral Dissertation]. South Australia: Flinders University.
- Transparency International. (2018). Corruption Perceptions Index 2017. Retrieved from https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2017
- United Kingdom Government. (2006). A Guide to Names and Naming Practices. Retrieved from https://www.fbiic.gov/public/2008/nov/Naming_practice_guide_UK_2006.pdf
- Yeşilada, B. (2009). Islam and the Turkish Cypriots. Social Compass, 62(1): 49-59.
Want this profile as a PDF?
Get a downloadable, printable version that you can read later.